Sunday 12 May 2013

MAGNESIUM

Today's supplement is magnesium!  

Well I started taking it a while ago after seeing many aesthetic bodybuilders taking it, people such as zyzz etc. Got this stuff from Wilkinsons (y'know student prices) I got 90 tabs for £3.50! TOP PRICES. The tablets are 300mg, 80% of the RDA and I take one a day. 

Now for the sciencey bit:

I'v had a brisk read on scientific journals about this supplement as I like to do a little bit of research before I start taking something. After some reading i'v come to the conclusion that it helps with energy metabolism and muscle function. Now energy metabolism is a chemical process which breaks down fats, proteins and carbohydrates to provide energy for growth, repair and physical activity!  

There are foods with high contents of magnesium shown on this website: http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php but it will be more expensive than nipping down to the shop and getting some tablets & tabs don't go off so it's easier.  

PERSONALLY, I find myself feeling better and having a little more energy whilst on this supplement. There is no bad taste, it is easily stored and for £3.50 it'll last you near enough 3 months. There is no immediate effects so you have to take it for a while. I dunna give it a try, it probably wont be for everyone but if it is for you, you may see some effects!

Now I have also read about some side effects, like stomach cramps which I have had but that was only in the first week of taking it. DO NOT dose to high or it can cause kidney failure for people with kidney problems due to a build up of the mineral. 

 My overall rating is: 8.5 out of 10

Sorry for the poor quality photo, all I have is my ipad to take picture at the moment, and the reason you get me in it is so you you know i'm taking the supplement. SUPERMAN IN PROGRESS.



No comments:

Post a Comment