Thursday 8 August 2013

PRE WORKOUT: PULSE V4






Pulse V4 tropical storm

Recently myprotein.com got in touch with me and sent me samples to review. First of all they only sent me one sample pack so I cannot tell you about the long term benefits. So I talked to my brother as he has taken this product previously to give you the best all round review possible. This may seem like there are two sets of different opinions but we are pretty much both genetically the same. We both share the same weak points, strong points, train together and consume similar supplements to each over.

I am very skeptical about using products without at least a basic understanding of it. It has occurred to me that not enough people research into product before they buy and consume them. I have heard many storied about pre workouts containing alot of harmful and possibly illegal ingredients After researching the ingredients in this pre work out supplement I have come to the concluded that there is nothing which could affect me in a negative way in the long run which in my eyes is a very important aspect of a supplement.

If you are a beginner at the gym, or new to taking pre-work out supplements I would highly recommend only taking half servings as a start due to a high intake of caffeine and other ingredients which  your body is not use too. After I had consumed the product I felt an instant buzz. However when I had got into the gym and started to work out I experienced enhanced sweating, like crazy sweats. Like sitting in the rain sweats. It was like I had baby oiled myself. I also got light headaches after sets and reps. My brother and I both had these side effects. However after this passed we both felt more mentally focused and were able to train at a higher rate.

The long term effects of the product where my brother comes into play.  After sticking to the product he found it wasn't too bad. He started taking half servings for a week for the beginning and then upped his intake to full servings of 17g. He told me this increased his workrate significantly. His recovery time increased due to a heightened heart rate increasing circulation and speeding up the process of carbon dioxide & lactic acid removal. This increased the intensity of his workout reducing rest periods which workedhis  muscles harder and achieving overall a better work out.

There are some problems with pre workouts in general. People who I have talked to about them have become very addicted to them and feel they cannot perform in the gym without the aid of it. When in reality success comes from hard work and determination not supplements but if you are a new to the gym or someone who is easily distracted this is a way forward for you to keep yourself focused and determined.

Bare in mind though finding pre-workouts which work for you is about trial and error. For example my brother took Grenade 50 caliber which gave him many bad side effects which actually gave him a bad workout.

Keep in touch for more reviews about pre-work out supplements.

My Overall Rating: 6 out of 10


Post leg day picture. Tired & run down.

This rating is because of all the side effects which happened to me and I didn't have enough of the product to carry on for a period of time so this is the most generous score I could give.  


Here is the link to their website: .

No comments:

Post a Comment