Monday 12 August 2013

OATS & WHEY PROTEIN BAR






Protein bars! Another thing myprotein sent me as you lot were asking about portable snacks! A sample bar costs £1.89 and it is £29.99 for 18 bars which is about £1.66 per bar. This is pretty cheap for protein bars as I have seen some in shops and gyms for £3.00!

This product is great for the busy individual. It is easily portable and a great source of protein. I got sent the chocolate peanut flavor and this has 22 grams of protein and is 316 calories. This means if you are trying to put on weight it is brilliant to get those added cals in. Myprotein state that this is the ideal choice of food to eat after exercise because of its 2:1 ratio of carbs and protein, I agree with this. I had my bar after exercise and I felt refueled but it didn't fill me up. So with this in mind you can't live of these things! They are just a temporary meal replacement. If you do eat to many protein bars can actually begin to have a laxative effect.

I don't usually like protein bars as they have that weird texture and usually don't taste too good but this protein bar was different. It tasted brilliant. I can't comment on the other flavors but the chocolate peanut hit the spot. It did taste real good but still had that weird texture. I have a sweet tooth and this was a great replacement from a chocolate bar. I bet many people have a sweet tooth and this bar is the way not to cheat on your diet!

Don't rely on these bars though! A good balanced diet is the way forward to weight loss and even weight gain, but these bars are great to settle those sweet cravings and are a great source of protein.

My Overall rating: 8 out of 10


Sorry for the bad photo I started eating it before I realized I needed a blog picture.

Here is the link to their website: .

No comments:

Post a Comment