Tuesday 13 August 2013

PRE WORKOUT: IGNITE


Well if you have seen my previous 'pre workout' post you'll know I don't really get on with them. I just feel sicky, but that is just me. I think before I get into the science bit i'll go through my personal experience with ignite.

I started taking it on a chest day. I took one scoop and I felt a difference in my performance. I wouldn't say I could lift more weight as I hate the people that say 'this supplement made me reach a pb for weight' or 'jumped up 20kg today on a certain exercise because of blah blah blah' . This is a stupid thing to say and helps no one decide what pre workout product they want. This comes from the unfocused people at the gym who probably don't push themselves everyday until they get that little push by the supplement which focuses them and allows them to push more weight. This is not a bad thing I just think they should stop saying it makes you push more weight. Months and years of continuous dieting and training allows you to push more weight.

What I will say is that this product cut my resting period significantly. This is an amazing aspect of ignite as the less time you rest the more you work your muscle. I was also able to push one more rep out which is the rep that I feel transforms your body. Obviously the more your muscles is worked and the greater stress that is put on it the stronger and larger it will become. The one scoop I took increased my energy levels and to my surprise I did not get any of the side effects which I got from 'Pulse V4' which I absolutely loved. An increase of energy and no little annoying headaches or stomach discomfort was brilliant & as my recovery time decreased so I was able to put another exercise in which means I worked my muscle more and harder than normal. How do I know I worked it harder? Well I woke up in the morning and felt I had a car resting on my chest. It was that nice post workout pain, (don't worry I haven't been in a car crash or anything).

I then proceeded to take two scoops for leg day........Wow. Just wow. I felt like this guy:
Photo by: www.churchyroll.com
At first I thought nothing was happening and then the 30 minute mark hit and got one of the best leg sessions out of it. Again, no weight was increased past what I have already done before but the intensity of the workout increased massively. After every set i'd be laying on the floor crippled and then do it all over again. I would also say that don't become dependent on the product otherwise you'll feel sluggish if you run out. What is also brilliant is it lasted my whole 2 hour workout. It wasn't a 10 minute buzz then nothing. I felt a release of energy throughout.

The price of the product is expensive. Especially for me being a student. £37.00 is very expensive for 720g, but what I love about it is the company. Icon nutrition have put every ingredient down on it, they are I feel a trustworthy company so with that in mind I feel it is worth the money if you have it. It would take me forever to explain every last ingredient but what i'll do is list them and pick the key ones out.
Picture from icon nutrition site.

Ignite will increase your metabolism through the caffeine and green tea extract. This means you will also be burning more calories and burning that fat away.

Everyone knows caffeine increases alertness, energy levels and focuses you.

Creatine turns into creatine phosphate in the body which helps produce the only from of energy your muscles use ATP (anedosine triphosphate) so this will increase the power output, for more info see my creatine post: http://mmillarnutrition.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/creatine-monohydrate.html

Leucine is an amino acid. Alot of research has been put into this and has been proven to improve and stimulate protein synthesis. For those who do not know what that is it, it's the process in which makes the muscles grow. 

Beta alanine is proven to increase muscle endurance and power output. 

I'v just noticed these go into alot more detail on their website but the ones above are just a basic overview. I would suggest you read about the ingredients before buying, i'd suggest you do this with all products.

So, the company are brilliant. The delivery was incredibly quick and they provide all of the ingredients clearly. I will say these are a very promising company to buy stuff from. Ignite increases your focus, energy levels, power output and your endurance levels. It will also in the long run burn fat and WILL help you promote muscle growth. My one concerning factor is the price. This is because I am in a student mindset but this is a high quality product. 

The positives are that there are no lies and the company has not misled me in anyway with this product & ignite says what it does on the tin but it is abit pricey so my score will reflect on this:

My Overall Rating: 9 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment