Tuesday 28 May 2013

LIQUID CHALK

Now, I know this is not a supplement but it helps me in the gym so i'm going to review it.

I got this product from myprotein.com and it cost me £4.79. I use it a fair amount of time and you only need to use a little amount so I can see it lasting a while.

Grip. A very important aspect when lifting. Without it, there is no possible way of getting those last few reps out or increasing the amount you lift. Now I'm not relying on this product solely and neither should you. A strong grip takes a lot of work due to all the muscles in your forearm slowly getting stronger and your hands becoming much more rough meaning you can grab that bar and hold it for longer. This product is not going to help that part. Have you ever gone in for a deadlift or an exercise and your hands are sweaty? Well basically this will take the moisture away allowing you to lift the bar more comfortably. Now this could easily be used in other sports aswell. I'm going to use golf for example: sometimes before I grip the club, my hands will feel sweaty and the club will feel slippery in my hands. Now this could drastically alter where you want the ball to end up because you don't have a good grip on the club. So put a little chalk on and you'll have a nice grip. (Just showing that this product is versatile.)

Basically you put a small amount on your hands rub it in and then blow lightly on it. Your hands will then turn white and that clammy sweaty feel will instantly go away.  As this chalk is not powdery it does not come off on equipment and it doesn't make a mess. This means you CAN actually take it into commercial gyms which is a plus if you do not live next to a 'bodybuilding gym'. Also you can transport it easily due to in being in a resealable tub, you can just walk around with this compact tub of chalk in the gym and no one will bat an eyelash. As it is not powdery you wont inhale it which would lead to coughing and a bad taste I imagine, it would also alter your performance.

The only problem I can even think about is that your hands get very dirty as the chalk seems to pull the dirt off the bar. Doesn't bother me though as I clean my hands all the time.

My Overall rating: 9.5 out of 10




My protein state that this is not suitable for rock climbing.

Go make some gains guys. &&&& Leave a comment if you want me to review a specific thing for you, i'v had people asking me about ligament and tendon supplements so i'll have a look around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment