Thursday 23 May 2013

COD LIVER OIL

Well, I got this supplement after I starting lifting quite heavy for joint and bone support. I got it from superdrug, can't remember the exact price but it was reasonably priced but not cheap. There are 180 tablets in the tube and I take one a day with a meal. It isn't a very large capsule making it easy to swallow and the oil is in a gelatin casing.

This supplement provides you with vitamin A + D (it's 50% RDA of vit A) & (100% RDA of vit D). Now vitamin D supports mobility by contributing to bone and muscle function which is essential if you are lifting or want to start. It is also desired in all other sporting communities as you want the most out of your muscle when performing which is obvious. As i'm from the UK I don't get much sun so the vitamin D in the supplement is a real plus. As this vitamin is helps for the absorption of calcium it keeps the bones strong, which I need due to the stress I put on them when I lift heavy weights. Vitamin A has multiple functions, it is important for growth and development and as i'm trying to build muscle it helps a great deal. 

This supplement is also a source of Omega 3 and fatty acids, such as EPA ( Eicosapentaenoic acid) & DHA ( Docosahexaenoic acid). Omega-3 cannot be synthesized by the human body meaning you need it in the diet. I know for a fact that I do not eat enough fish meaning I do not get enough in my diet which is why I have the capsules. Omega-3 is also vital for normal metabolism, I've explained metabolism in my 'MAGNESIUM' post.

I get on with this supplement, there is no bad taste, it is easy to swallow and my knees have been less achy since taking it. BUT if the capsule splits in your mouth the taste is foul so don't be tempted to chew.


My overall rating is: 8 out of 10 


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! It's really a nice blog for me.I read it completely and found so many interesting stuff about Cod Liver Oils.So keep with us.

    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete