Wednesday 17 July 2013

PADDED LIFTING BELT

I decided I needed a belt. I wasn't at my bodybuilding gym anymore so there wasn't a belt to share around. I decided I needed one after I started deadlifting pretty heavy and I could feel the strain on my back. I picked up my padded lifting belt at bodymax performance fitness in Nottingham at £14.99.

It's not genuine leather but it looks the real deal. It is thick at steardy and has a two prong locking system on it like most belts have. It also has a cushiony pad at the back which is very comfortable.

There are pro's and con's to belts:

Pro's -
  • Prevents injury
  • Can actually increase performance
  • Prevents the back from curving inward
Con's -
  • Can make your back less strong
  • Can diminish core strength 
Now after looking at both the pro's and the con's its fairly easy to understand that the pro's out weight the con's. You don't agree? Well let me persuade you. It prevents injury. This means I will not have to take any time out of the gym or my sport because I will be healthy and strong. No time will be wasted on recovering as my back will not be hurt. Now your back is one of your most important parts of your body. You don't want to be getting older and having a bad back because what i'v seen it doesn't look very nice. So take care of it!

I have seen significant differences in the way I lift with the belt. I can lift more and my technique increases; that's a win win. Before you get to this stage of loving your belt though you will hate it. Why? Because you have to wear it in. I don't know if this is with everyone but certainly with me it was painful. This is because the belt is becoming less ridged and more molded to your body. I came out with cuts and bruises around my waist from it but I got through it and now it is very comfortable. 

As I think most padded belts are the same i'm not going to rate a certain brand. there is no point. All I will say is if you are getting serious with your lifting a belt is a must.



No comments:

Post a Comment